Sunday, July 15, 2012

Trading Week Analysis 16/7/12

TS signals that kicked in whilst I was away 2 weeks ago have just faded on the E/U, E/J and Swissie. Trend trades on just these three pairs yielded a maximum 900 pips! E/U: 350, E/J: 260 and Swissie: 290 pips. Charts are shown below. Last Friday saw the broader markets turn to trade risk on though. The USD has paused at it negotiates huge resistance in the 84 level. I expect markets to trade ‘risk off’ is this level is broken and to trade risk on if price fails to breach this significant level.

E/U: The TS short signal from 2 weeks ago has just faded on this pair. It gave up to 350 pips!
I will take any new TS signal that is in alignment with overall market sentiment. Note the spinning top on the weekly chart.




E/J: This TS short signal from 2 weeks ago has also just finally faded. It gave up to 260 pips!
As with the E/U, I will take any new TS signal that is in alignment with overall market sentiment. Note on the weekly chart how the 97 level seems to be forming strong support.




A/U: I have a new signal to long the A/U. Note on the monthly chart how the A/U looks to be forming a possible bull flag pattern.
  • I will trade long if risk on prevails and price can close and hold above the daily 200 EMA.
  • I will trade short if risk off prevails, there is a new TS short signal and if price closes below the 4hr 200 EMA.





A/J: I have a new signal to long the A/J.
  • I will trade long if risk on prevails and price can close and hold above the daily 200 EMA and weekly pivot.
  • I will trade short if risk off prevails, there is a new TS short signal and if price closes below the 4hr 200 EMA.




G/U: I have a new signal to long the G/U.
  • I will trade long if risk on prevails and price can close and hold above the 1.56 level, the 4hr 200 EMA and the monthly pivot.
  • I will trade short if risk off prevails, there is a new TS short signal and if price closes below the bottom triangle trend line.




USD/SGD: I almost have a TS signal to short this pair. Price has been well supported by the daily 200 EMA though.
  • I will look to SHORT the USD/SGD on a clear TS signal, if ‘risk on’ sentiment returns and if price breaks, closes and holds below the 1.26 level and daily 200 EMA.
  • I will look to LONG the USD/SGD on a clear new TS signal and if ‘risk off’ sentiment remains and price holds above the 4hr 200 EMA and 1.27 level.  



Swissie USD/CHF: The TS long signal from 2 weeks ago has just faded on this pair. It gave up to 290 pips!

I will take any new TS signal that is in alignment with overall market sentiment.



Loonie:  USD/CAD: I have had a new TS signal to short this pair. I’m leaving this pair this week as it has gone back to being a bit choppy.




No comments:

Post a Comment