Saturday, February 18, 2012

Trading Week Analysis 20/02/12

Note: I have posted 2 reviews today, Saturday 18/2/12.  My Indices Review and my Trading Week Analysis.  Only one e-mail alert will be sent though most likely.  Please make sure that you read the Indices Review so that you understand my perspective for the week.

I am not sure whether we will have a 'risk on' or 'risk off' sentiment this week but, most likely, we'll have the Wacky Races version again where we get both!  Anyway, I will trade whatever the charts present, long or short, I'll trade what I see.  

Some of the pairs are setting up with beautiful technical patterns, some even looking close to breaking trend lines.  The ones on my watch list are detailed below.


I haven't had a losing signal yet this year.  I'm not gloating but, the longer that this period lasts then, the greater the likelihood that a loss is just around the corner!  So, I'm cautious.  I'm not sure how I'll cope with a loss!  I'm sure that time will tell.


Remember that Monday 20th is a holiday in the US and Canada

E/U: I actually have this pair trading within a triangle within a triangle within another triangle.  No, I haven't been drinking.  It is 1.30pm!  I'll be watching for a new TS signal and a break of trend line, either up or down.

E/J: price on this pair is nudging up against the upper bear trend line of a symmetrical triangle and looking like it wants to keep moving upward.  The BoJ help this of course. I'll be watching for a continued TS signal and a break of trend line, either up or down.  There was already a TS signal to Long this pair last Thursday and this move has delivered over 100 pips already.
A/U: Like the E/U, it has a triangle within a triangle within another triangle.  I'll be watching for a new TS signal and a break of trend line, either up or down.
A/J: Now, this is the really interesting pair.  The A/J is renown as the 'risk on' flagship pair.  It is trading with a triangle within just one other triangle.  The major symmetrical triangle though, of which it is nudging the upper trend line, dates back to April 2007!  I'll be watching this like a hawk and looking for a continued TS signal.  I'll be cautious though as the BoJ have influence here.

USD/SGD: This isn't setting up as well as some of the other pairs but, if the USD falls, I'll be watching this pair.  I have that this pair are out there in front running position when the USD moves.  I have likened this pair as to having the fastest USD boogie board when the USD wave gets going.
Loonie: I don't trade this pair but, it is setting up with good technical and chart patterns.  
Swissie: too hard to read this week.  I'll probably leave this pair this week as the others look better.


No comments:

Post a Comment